Thank you for considering the option of becoming a substitute within Urbandale Schools. The following overview has been developed in order to highlight key information and help answer questions. Whether you’re interested in becoming a substitute or have not yet found a contracted position, we encourage you to gain experience and networking opportunities by becoming a substitute at Urbandale Schools.
To Get Started
- All substitute teacher and substitute classified position applicants are subject to a criminal background check.
- Substitute teachers must have a valid State of Iowa teaching license or substitute authorization issued by the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners.
- Substitute Teacher pay rate is $135/day; $67.50/half day
- Special Education Associate pay rate is $13.87/hr
- General Education Associate pay rate is $12.51/hr
- We use Frontline Absence Management which gives substitutes 24/7 access, via phone and online, in order to accept substitute positions within our district.
- Click here to review available positions and complete an online application.
Urbandale Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We look forward to seeing you!