Welcome to Mrs. King’s Page!
I am an English teacher at Urbandale High School, and my classes currently are Composition, Advanced Composition, World Literature, and Lang & Lit.
This is my 9th year at the high school, and I am excited to help students make cultural and societal connections via literature, and develop their writing skills for future endeavors.
• Grades reflect what the student comprehends of the course content, as well as the level of effort put forth in the course.
• Intended Audience:
• Grades are intended for students, parents, teachers, post- secondary institutes.
• Grade Determination:
• Ultimately, a student determines his/her own grade.
• Major assignments are evaluated with a rubric that is aligned to the standards and benchmarks of the curriculum.
• Late Work:
• Late work is accepted up to two weeks after the initial due date and is credited at a lesser percentage.