Welcome to sixth grade science!
I am excited to be teaching sixth grade science at Urbandale Middle School! This is my first year in the district but my seventh year teaching middle school science. Prior to coming to Urbandale Middle school, I taught for Des Moines Public Schools. My husband and I live in Johnston with our three children and beloved greyhound. I’m looking forward to building relationships with my students and their families this year!
Here are our learning requirements for science:
- Develop scientific process skills.
- Utilize the steps of the scientific method.
- Demonstrate understanding of the general structure and functions of cells in organisms.
- Identify and explain the characteristics of living things.
- Summarize how dominant and recessive traits contribute to genetic variation within a species.
- Identify essential concepts about the prevention and control of disease.
- Recognize characteristics that diversify and unify plants and animals.
- Identify ways in which species interact and depend on one another in an ecosystem.
- Identify the fundamental concepts of human growth and development.