Child Care Policies
1. A child's participation in activities depends upon his/her behavior. Should a child's behavior become disruptive or dangerous to him/her or other children, the staff in charge has the authority to discontinue the child's participation in the activity.
2. It is your responsibility, as the parent or legal guardian, to keep proper emergency information and current phone numbers in your child's records.
3. Children will not be allowed to leave the school premises without supervision. They will not be allowed to leave to walk home alone or to ride their bikes home. This is for the children's safety. There will be NO exceptions to this rule!
4. No child will be released to anyone whose name does not appear on your pick up permission form without parent or guardians specific instructions. Please send a note if your child will be picked up by someone who is not on the confidential form. One parent cannot deny the other parent the right to bring or pick-up their child unless we receive a legal, notarized document.
5. If a child is picked up after 6:00 p.m. more than once, the child is subject to immediate dismissal from the program. If a parent has not contacted the childcare and the childcare cannot contact the parents or emergency numbers, at 6:30 p.m. the police will be contacted to pick up the child.
6. If a child becomes ill or has a serious accident at Adventuretime, the parent or legal guardian will be notified and must pick up the child immediately. If the parents or guardians cannot be reached in an emergency situation, the child will be referred to a second contact or the family doctor, local physician or hospital.
7. Adventuretime will not be responsible for any lost or broken articles. We ask that your children NOT bring anything of value to the program.
8. You must bring your child(ren) into the building, present the child to a staff person, and sign the child(ren) in. Children need to be signed out at the time you pick them up.
It is our desire that every child enjoys their experience. It is for these reasons that we have initiated policies we feel are
fair, easily complied with by any child, and of benefit to everyone involved.
All children will be required to go outdoors, weather permitting of course, so they should dress accordingly. To assist us
in planning for adequate supervision, you are reminded that you need to send a note if your child is to stay inside. We
can honor a note from you for a maximum period of two days. If your child needs to stay inside for an extended period
(3 or more days), you will need to send a doctor's written excuse to cover this extended length of time.
We encourage and are happy to have parents visit as much as possible. We believe it is important to communicate with
parents verbally and in written notes to let you know about the exciting activities we are doing and to give you information that is important for you and your child that may affect his/her behavior with us. We all want to work together to provide a quality environment for the children.
Communication between Adventuretime staff and parents is essential for the quality of the child's experience at
Adventuretime. Please inform the staff by telling them or writing a note to let them know about:
1. Anything that has happened that would affect the child physically or emotionally.
2. When they will be leaving early or arriving late.
3. Days they will be absent for any reason. Call your child's building and Adventuretime and leave a message on the recorder.
4. The staff will talk to you or write a note when they need to inform you of things that have happened.
5. If your child is injured, parent or legal guardians must sign an incident report form. Parents or legal guardians, please check by the sign in and sign out sheets for newsletters, notes, or announcements you need to know about.
6. We appreciate your positive comments and constructive help to continue to be a part of a positive experience for the children in Adventuretime.