Bus Conduct Rules
Urbandale Community School District contracts all students-busing services to Laidlaw, Inc.
Rules for riding the Urbandale school buses:
1. Stay in your seat at all times.
2. Keep your hands, feet, books, and objects to yourself.
3. Swearing, rude gestures, teasing, and disrespect are unacceptable.
4. Use classroom voices on the bus.
5. Follow the driver's directions.
The operation of a safe, efficient, and economical transportation program requires that all passengers observe a set of regulations. In order to avoid any misunderstanding that might develop at a future date, the procedures below will be followed:
1. The driver will counsel with the student on proper bus behavior.
2. The driver will write a referral and submit it to the principal and bus company official.
ÿÿÿA. 1st Referral - - Warning by the principal.
ÿÿÿB. 2nd Referral - - Suspension from the bus for 3 days.
ÿÿÿC. 3rd Referral - - Suspension from the bus for 10 days.
D. 4th Referral - - Suspension from the bus for an indefinite period of time.
Parents will be notified after each referral. A meeting will be conducted involving the driver, bus company official, principal, and parent after the fourth referral. For extremely dangerous behavior, immediate suspension will be warranted and utilized.
See Board Policy 703 - Transportation.