The Urbandale CSD Nutrition Services Team offers catering services. We request at least one week notice, two weeks preferred, for all catering orders. We look forward to hearing from you!
Smart Snacks for Classroom Parties and Fundraising Events
If families would like to provide snacks for their child’s class party (i.e. fall parties, winter parties, friendship/Valentine parties) then the snacks must meet the Smart Snacks in Schools standards as the classroom party is a school-sanctioned activity. All food and beverages sold to students for fundraising activities that take place from midnight to 4:00 p.m. must meet the Smart Snacks in Schools standards. The standards do not apply for fundraising events that take place during non-school hours, on weekends, and at off-campus fundraising events.
Families have two options for providing Smart Snacks for classroom parties and fundraising events:
Option 1: Purchase Smart Snacks at the Grocery Store
(see the approved Smart Snacks List)
Option 2: Order Smart Snacks through Urbandale CSD Nutrition Services Catering—we deliver!
(order Smart Snacks online through RevTrak)
Snacks for Other Classroom Occasions and Daily Classroom Snacks
- Snacks that are to be shared with the entire class for celebratory reasons (e.g. birthday treats) are encouraged to meet the Smart Snacks in Schools nutritional standards (see above Option 1 for Smart Snacks list), but are not required to do so.
- All snacks must be store-bought and pre-packaged, or snacks may be purchased through the Urbandale CSD Nutrition Services Catering Program (see above Option 2).
- No homemade snacks or treats may be brought to school to share with the class.
- We encourage students bringing individual snacks from home to bring snacks that meet the Smart Snacks in Schools nutritional standards, but are not required to do so.
- Snacks provided for celebratory reasons (e.g. birthday treats) will be consumed after lunch. These snacks must be confined to the classroom; snacks are not to leave the classroom.
- Food allergies can be severe and life-threatening which is why Urbandale CSD is an Allergy-Aware District. Parents, guardians, and students are encouraged to be mindful of food allergies (e.g. peanut, tree-nut, soy, gluten, etc.) when providing snacks. Always check with your child’s classroom teacher to confirm the presence of any food allergies in your child’s classroom.