Registration – New Students
The Urbandale Community School District extends a warm welcome to you! We’re thrilled to welcome your student(s) and family, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to help your child learn, grow, and achieve success on the pathway of lifelong learning!
If you have a child that will be 5 years of age on or before September 15, 2017, please plan to enroll them in kindergarten. If your child is going into 1st through 12th grade, please be sure to enroll now. Plus, we offer a fantastic preschool program!
Note: If you would like to view the Elementary Boundary Map, please click here. Also, for translation, click the “Translate This Page” link at the bottom of the page.
Please contact the Administration Office at 515-457-5000 to confirm the best time to bring in your paperwork. To preregister for the 2017-2018 school year, you will need to complete the following forms and bring them to the Administration Office at 11152 Aurora Avenue, Urbandale, IA 50322. Further instructions to complete the online registration for your student(s) will be given upon receipt of these documents.
1. Registration Form
- Registration Document 9.15.17
- Registration Document Spanish 9.19.17
- Registration Document Bosnian 9.19.17
2. Proof of Birth
Please provide a copy of your child’s State Certified Record of Birth (Birth Certificate) or I-94.
3. Proof of Residency
Please provide a copy of one of these documents as proof of residency:
- A copy of a Settlement Agreement (with all signatures)
- Purchase Agreement (including date of occupancy and all signatures)
- Mortgage Statement
- MidAmerican Power Bill or Urbandale Water Bill
- Lease agreement (if renting)
- United States Postal Service Verification of Address (paper copy)
Living with a family in the district?
Please complete our Co-Resident Proof of Residence form.
4. Immunization Record
Please provide a copy of your child’s most recent immunization record.
5. Home Language Survey
Please complete this Home Language Survey form.
6. Student Race and Ethnicity Survey
Please complete this Student Race and Ethnicity Reporting form.
7. Migrant Education Parent Form
- Migrant Education Parent Form Your answers will help determine if your child (ren) is eligible to receive supplemental services from the Migrant Program
8. Additional Required Forms (if applicable to your student):
- Dental Screening Certificate Required for incoming Kindergarten & 9th Grade Students
- Severe Allergy Questionnaire Required for Preschool & Elementary Students if have a known food allergy
- Vision Screening Certificate Required for incoming 3rd Grade Students
- Tdap Immunization Required for Incoming 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th Grade Students
- Meningococcal ACWY Immunization Required for Incoming 7th and 12th grade students
Adventuretime Before & After Care
Adventuretime Family Services provides the following programs across the Urbandale Community School District for preschool through 5th grade students:
- Before/After School programs are offered at all six elementary schools
- All-Day programs (In-service, recess, or no school days)
- Summer Program
- Three and Four-Year Old Preschool
Visit the Adventuretime site for full information!
Program Hours of Operation
6:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. at Jensen, Karen Acres, Valerius and Webster
6:30 a.m. – 9:05 a.m. at Olmsted and Rolling Green
6:30 a.m. – 9:50 a.m. Late Starts at Jensen, Karen Acres, Valerius and Webster
6:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Late Starts at Olmsted and Rolling Green
3:35 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at Jensen, Karen Acres, Valerius and Webster
3:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at Olmsted and Rolling Green
6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. All Day and Summer Programs
Adventuretime Contact Information
Office Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Director: Ashley Myers – email@example.com
Assistant Director: Kellie Dickinson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Staff: Deb Roetker (accounting) email@example.com
Judy Wyner (clerical)
Office Address: 7110 Prairie Avenue, Urbandale, IA 50322
Office Phone: 515-457-5855
Student Data Manager
Phone: (515) 457-5011
Fax: (515) 457-5018