Registration – New Students
The Urbandale Community School District extends a warm welcome to you! We’re thrilled to welcome your student(s) and family, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to help your child learn, grow, and achieve success on the pathway of lifelong learning!
If you have a child that will be 5 years of age on or before September 15, 2016, please plan to enroll them in kindergarten. If your child is going into 1st through 12th grade, please be sure to enroll now! Plus, we offer a fantastic preschool program!
Note: If you would like to view the Elementary Boundary Map, please click here. Also, for translation, click the “Translate This Page” link at the bottom of the page.
To preregister for the 2016-2017 school year, you will need to complete the following forms and bring them to the Administration Office, 11152 Aurora Avenue, Urbandale, IA 50322. Further instructions to complete the online registration for your student(s) will be given upon receipt of these documents. Please contact Sandy Walters (contact info listed below) to confirm the best time to bring in your paperwork. (**Please note: forms open/download best in Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.)
1. Registration Form
- Registration Doc_Fill In Blanks_ 1.14.16 (Opens as a Word doc, type directly on form) (English)
- Registration Document 1.14.16 (Opens as a Word doc; print and write directly on form) (English)
- Registration Document Spanish 1.14.16(Spanish/English)
- Registration Document Bosnian_ 1.14.16(Bosnian)
2. Proof of Birth
Please provide a copy of your child’s State Certified Record of Birth (Birth Certificate) or I-94.
3. Proof of Residency
Please provide a copy of one of these documents as proof of residency: A copy of a Settlement Agreement (with all signatures), Purchase Agreement (including date of occupancy and all signatures), Mortgage Statement, MidAmerican Power Bill, Urbandale Water Bill, lease agreement (if renting), or the United States Postal Service Verification of Address. (Paper Copy).
4. Immunization Record
Please provide a copy of your child’s most recent immunization record.
5. Home Language Survey
Please complete this Home Language Survey form.
6. Student Race and Ethnicity Survey
Please complete this Student Race and Ethnicity Reporting form.
7. Additional Required Forms (if applicable to your student):
- Dental Screening Certificate Required for incoming Kindergarten & 9th Grade Students.
- Severe Allergy Questionnaire Required for Preschool & Elementary Students if have a known food allergy.
- Vision Screening Certificate Required for incoming 3rd Grade Students.
- Tdap Immunization Required for Incoming 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th Grade Students.
- Migrant Education Parent Form Your answers will help determine if your child (ren) is eligible to receive supplemental services from the Migrant Program.
Adventuretime Before & After Care
Adventuretime Family Services provides the following programs across the Urbandale Community School District for preschool through 5th grade students:
- Before/After School programs are offered at all six elementary schools
- All-Day programs (In-service, recess, or no school days)
- Summer Program
- Three and Four-Year Old Preschool
Visit the Adventuretime site for full information!
Program Hours of Operation
6:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. at Jensen, Karen Acres, Valerius and Webster
6:30 a.m. – 9:05 a.m. at Olmsted and Rolling Green
6:30 a.m. – 9:50 a.m. Late Starts at Jensen, Karen Acres, Valerius and Webster
6:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Late Starts at Olmsted and Rolling Green
3:35 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at Jensen, Karen Acres, Valerius and Webster
3:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at Olmsted and Rolling Green
6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. All Day and Summer Programs
Adventuretime Contact Information
Office Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Director: Ashley Becker – firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Director: Kellie Dickinson – email@example.com
Office Staff: Deb Roetker (accounting) firstname.lastname@example.org
Judy Wyner (clerical)
Office Address: 7110 Prairie Avenue, Urbandale, IA 50322
Office Phone: 515-457-5855
Student Data Manager
Phone: (515) 457-5011
Fax: (515) 457-5018