101 – Educational Philosophy
Philosophy: Learning flourishes in an environment of disciplined inquiry that develops and integrates knowledge and skills. The best learning occurs in an environment that is rich in resources, provides opportunity for active participatory learning, and stresses responsibility and initiative. Learning is achieved through a clear integration and alignment of curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
Approach: The UCSD Board of Education requires the use of the Systems Approach to Continual Improvement. A Systems Framework that addresses Leadership; Strategy; Customers; Measurement, Analysis, and Knowledge Management; Workforce; Operations; and Results is used throughout the system to align, systemize, monitor, and improve results.
Vision: Urbandale will be a school district that brings learning to life for everyone.
Mission: The District shall strive to meet its overall mission as stated by “Teaching All-Reaching All.”
Values: The District shall be governed by the following values:
- Innovation through continual improvement
- Joy in meaningful lifelong learning
- A collaborative culture
- Safe and caring schools
- A consistent, rigorous, and relevant curriculum
- A committed, passionate workforce
- Strong partnerships with all stakeholders
- The optimization of resources
- Trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship
Exit Outcomes: The District shall provide opportunities for students to acquire knowledge, skills, and attitudes to achieve the District’s exit outcomes which provide that students graduating will:
- Access and analyze key information to develop solutions and persevere through complex problems.
- Purposefully communicate ideas through visual, digital, verbal, and nonverbal interactions.
- Innovate to generate new or original thoughts, interpretations, products, works, or techniques.
- Work collaboratively among and across personal and global networks to achieve common goals.
- Respond and adjust to situational needs.
- Prioritize, plan, and apply knowledge and skills to make decisions that create quality results in an every-changing environment.
- Demonstrate cultural competence and social responsibility.
|Date of Revision: June 1, 2015|
Legal References: 278.1, 279.8, 280.12, Code of Iowa, 281 I.A.C. 12.2, 12.8
URBANDALE COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS