1010-R1 – ICN Room Use Regulation
The ICN is a statewide telecommunications network designed primarily to enhance learning opportunities for students, employees and board members. The District recognizes that it is not the only authorized user of the ICN and other users will frequently be using the District’s ICN facilities. Sponsored and authorized users of the ICN must comply with state and federal law in using the ICN.
The Administration Office is responsible for coordinating ICN classroom use. Requests for use of the ICN classroom by employees for the educational program shall be filed with the Administration Office.
It shall be the responsibility of the entity using the ICN classroom to comply with the requirements of the law and District policy and its supporting administrative regulations.
- The ICN is a limited access network and sponsored or authorized users cannot use the system for profit making ventures.
- The ability to use the network is a privilege conferred by law to any person who qualifies as an authorized user.
- The use must be consistent with the mission of the sponsored or authorized users.
- Users cannot resell time on the ICN.
- The user may not enable for-profit persons or entities to use the network for the pecuniary advantage of the for-profit entity. This provision is intended to apply to video use of the network only. The rule is not intended to limit other authorized users form performing their missions when the use of the network is otherwise authorized by these rules.
- Sponsored and authorized users are responsible for compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and Iowa Civil Rights Act. Sponsored and authorized users are responsible for making the necessary accommodations and are responsible for obtaining and paying for needed interpreters or interpretive equipment. The cost of reasonable accommodation is assumed by the requesting authorized user.
- Sponsored and authorized users are required to stay within the ICN classroom and use the most direct route to the ICN classroom. Other District facilities, sites, areas in the school district building or equipment are off limits to the authorized users, unless permission has been granted.
- The ICN video classroom will be available Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- The sponsored or authorized user is responsible for all site and site usage charges.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the ICN room. No smoking or tobacco products are permitted.
- First time use of the ICN will require prior training and should be organized through the District ICN scheduler.
- Use or transmission of copyrighted material, without prior approval of the copyright holder, is strictly prohibited. Appropriate use of the copyrighted material is the responsibility of the sponsored or authorized user, not the District.
- Use of the network does not imply endorsement of, or agreement with, the purpose(s) or the expression of any person or entity by the District or its employees or staff.
- The District reserves the right to amend these rules as necessary to reflect the ICN’s usage and changes at the state of federal level.
- The District reserves the right to charge all costs, including attorney’s fees, that may arise to the authorized user for the sponsored or authorized user’s failure to comply with the law, board policy and administrative regulations.
Date of Revision: January 23, 2006
URBANDALE COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS