1012 – Community Use of School Equipment
District equipment may be temporarily loaned to tax-exempt community groups under the following conditions:
- The use in no way interferes with the District’s educational and activity program.
- The use is consistent with State law and conforms to District regulations.
- The group or organization is responsible and will exercise care in the use of the equipment.
- The activity is supervised by an adequate number of adult sponsors.
- The activity is not a commercial profit-making venture by a taxable entity.
- The use is not for a private purpose or for personal gain.
- A written application and agreement is executed and approval is received in advance through the building principal, or District designee.
- The group or organization shall be responsible for paying for any damage or destruction to the school equipment.
- Proof of insurance shall be provided by the group or organization, if requested.
Date of Revision: February 6, 2017
Legal References: 279.8, Code of Iowa
URBANDALE COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS