922 – Environmental Protection and Resource Conservation
The District is committed to the protection of the environment and to resource conservation. This commitment imposes responsibilities upon all members of the District community and includes:
- Preserving natural resources.
- Preventing pollution.
- Reducing waste.
- Improving all aspects of environmental management.
The District will:
- Comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Effectively communicate the District’s environmental and resource conservation commitment to staff, students, and the District community.
- Promote recycling, reuse and conservation of resources.
- Safely store and manage fuel, chemicals and waste.
- Encourage proactive attitudes and behaviors towards environmental protection and resource conservation.
- Inspect and evaluate environmental performance to help ensure continual improvement.
Date of Adoption: March 23, 2015
Legal References: 279.8, 279.44, Chapter 470, 473.a3A, 473.19, 473.20, 473.20A, Code of Iowa; 281 I.A.C. 12.5
URBANDALE COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS