924 – Parking And Traffic Regulations
The Superintendent shall develop and implement rules and regulations relating to the parking and operation of vehicles and bicycles on District grounds by staff, students and visitors. The purpose of the rules and regulations will be to:
- Ensure the safe and orderly flow of traffic;
- Make available parking facilities to designated staff, students and visitors;
- Promote pedestrian, rider and vehicular safety;
- Assure the maneuverability of school buses and vehicles;
- Assure the maneuverability of emergency vehicles; and
- Protect District property.
The rules and regulations will be consistent with motor vehicle and other laws related to vehicular operation and parking of the State of Iowa and of the City of Urbandale.
No person may park a vehicle or bicycle on District grounds for the purpose of displaying the vehicle or bicycle for sale or for the purpose of storage. Any vehicle or bicycle on District property in violation of this policy may be removed from District property without prior notice and at the owner’s expense.
The use of skateboards, sleds, snowboards, go-carts, motorcycles, mopeds, motor scooters, snowmobiles and other motorized vehicles and similar recreational devices will not be permitted on District playgrounds, sidewalks, or parking lots unless otherwise specifically permitted by the Superintendent or his/her designee.
Date of Adoption: March 20, 2015
Legal References: 279.8, 279.8A, Code of Iowa
URBANDALE COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS