Learn More About Becoming An Urbandale CSD School Board Candidate: Nomination Papers Due Sept 19Created on September 8th, 2019
Every two years we hold School Board elections and this year the Urbandale CSD will have four open seats on the ballot. All four seats are four-year terms. School Board volunteers are highly valued leaders in our district as they are elected to represent what is best for students and families. Board members volunteer their time by attending, collaborating, and leading semi-monthly work sessions and board meetings that focus on developing effective policies, establishing efficient budgets, and advocating for high-quality public education that prepares students for success.
If you are interested in seeking a board seat:
- Review information about school elections provided by the Iowa Association of School Boards.
- Review information about educational opportunities for school board candidates and new school board members by the Iowa Association of School Board.
- Contact Mary Beth Fast, CFO and Board Secretary, to receive specific information about the election process.
- First Day For Candidate Filing: First day for candidates to file nomination papers with Mary Beth Fast, CFO and Board Secretary, is Monday, August 26, 2019.
- Candidate Filing Deadline: Nomination papers are due to Mary Beth Fast by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 19, 2019.
- School Board Election Day is Tuesday, November 5, 2019. Polls open 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Summary of 2019 School Board Election Dates
- Aug. 26: First day to file nomination papers with the board secretary.
- Sept. 19: Last day to file nomination papers with the board secretary by 5 p.m.
- Sept. 20: Board secretary delivers nomination papers to controlling commissioner by Noon.
- Sept. 24: Last day candidates may withdraw; last day to file written objections
- Nov. 5: Election Day; polls open 7 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Nov. 12 or 13: Election canvass for school districts located within one county.
- Nov 25: Organizational Meeting; board’s first regular or special meeting following the final canvass. During this meeting, the board organizes for the new term.