Learn More About Becoming An Urbandale CSD School Board CandidateCreated on June 17th, 2017
Every two years we hold school board elections and this year the Urbandale Community School District (UCSD) will have four open seats on the ballot. School board volunteers are highly valued leaders in our district as they are elected to represent what is best for students and families. Board members volunteer their time by attending, collaborating, and leading semi-monthly work sessions and board meetings that focus on developing effective policies, establishing efficient budgets, and advocating for high-quality public education that prepares our students for success.
No specific skill sets are needed to become a candidate except for a willingness to make the Urbandale school system and community a better place to learn and live. Please consider serving on the UCSD School Board. If you are interested in seeking a board seat:
- Review information about school elections provided by the Secretary of State and the Iowa Association of School Boards.
- Contact Julie Mitchell, UCSD Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent, to receive specific information about the election process.
- First Day For Candidate Filing: First day for candidates to file nomination papers with Mary Beth Fast, UCSD Board Secretary, is Monday, July 10, 2017.
- Candidate Filing Deadline: Nomination papers are due to Mary Beth Fast, UCSD Board Secretary, by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 3, 2017.
- School Board Election Day is Tuesday, September 12, 2017, from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.