Help Build A Better Playground
The Olmsted Elementary playground was built nearly 30 years ago (with 15 to 20 years being the normal life expectancy for playground equipment). Our culture of learning inside the classroom has dramatically changed over the past 30 years and we’d like to request your support in helping our outdoor classroom be more consistent with the creativity, ingenuity, and innovation found inside our building.
A new playground will:
- improve accessibility for students of all abilities
- support more complex coordination and motor skills
- encourage greater physical activity
- provide equipment that is engaging, exciting, and fun to play on!
Olmsted Fun Run May 6th
Olmsted will be holding a Fun Run on Friday, May 6, 2016, at 1:30 p.m. at the Urbandale High School Frerichs Field. The Fun Run will be an opportunity for students to participate in a sponsored event where they&');" target="_blank">Olmsted Fun Run!
We are incredibly grateful for any size donation you’re willing to contribute and appreciate your support. There are several ways to make a donation:
- If before May 7th, check out our Olmsted Fun Run flyer for details on how to donate!
- Donate Online with your credit card. Visit the District’s online payment website (RevTrak) to complete your online donation.
- Download & mail (or drop off) the donation form with your payment to Olmsted Elementary: Olmsted Elementary Playground Donation Form.
Additional Playground INformation
LEND A HAND
If you’re not able to make a monetary donation, please know there are many other ways you can lend your support.
You can make a positive difference today by:
- Joining our Champions Team—If you’d like to become more involved in supporting this fundraiser in order to make sure this playground is built, please contact Elyse Brimeyer.
- Spreading the word—Share more about this fundraiser within your circles of influence: family, friends, colleagues, etc. via email, social media, person to person, any way possible!
- Hosting a mini-fundraiser event or plan a large fundraiser event!
- Requesting your company ‘match’ your donation.
- Reaching out to businesses and organizations you’re connected with in order to share our story & request donations.
- Sharing information about grant opportunities—we’re always looking for more grants to apply for—please pass information along to Elyse Brimeyer.