Return To Learn
Our 2020-2021 school year will be unlike any other as we are all collectively managing the ongoing uncertainties of how to live our daily lives amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Our priority is to ensure that we are supporting student learning in the safest way possible by being responsive to the status of public health as it relates to community spread of COVID-19. To that end, we have been continuously planning and extensively preparing to welcome your children and our staff back to learning for the 2020-21 school year. We will post Return To Learn updates and resources on this section of our website so please be sure to check back often.
- Visit the Urbandale Community Education site for the most current updates and information.
- Mandatory Face Mask Guidance For Families & Staff
- All Urbandale CSD staff, K-12 students, vendors, visitors, and spectators are required to wear a cloth face mask while in district buildings and when riding a school bus. Cloth face masks are recommended for preschool students, but not required.
- Exceptions will be made for medical conditions or special circumstances. If your student has a medical condition or a special circumstance, please complete this form by August 10.
The Return To Learn Weekly Update Newsletter is sent to Urbandale CSD parents/guardians and staff every Friday. If you are not currently receiving the newsletter and would like to, please opt-in here.
- School Board Decision For Rolling Green 8.03.20
- Rolling Green Next Steps (RG Families); All District Families & Staff except RG 8.03.20
- Reminder RTL Town Hall Meeting 7.29.20
- RTL Town Hall Meeting 7.27.20
- Rolling Green Confirmed Start Online 7.21.20
- Rolling Green Update 7.20.20
- Rolling Green Start of School Year Update_7.14.20
- Urbandale CSD Return To School Hakha Chin 7.10.20
- Urbandale CSD Return To School 7.10.20
- Rolling Green Instructional Model Recommendation 7.10.20
- Rolling Green Return To School 7.08.20
- Remote Classroom: Students will complete their coursework from home with online guidance and interaction with an Urbandale CSD teacher. Depending on the number of requests we receive for this model, classrooms may be multi-aged. Students would be expected to participate daily online, at specified times, with their teacher(s). Additional learning activities could take place offline. Please know when selecting this option that you would need to commit to this approach for the entire first semester and could re-commit for the second semester if desired. Remote Classroom learning would begin on August 25. If this is your preferred learning option, you must complete this brief form Remote Classroom Sign Up Form by August 3, 2020, so that we can ensure teacher availability. Thank you!
- Urbandale CSD state-approved Return to Learn 2020-21 Plan (Iowa Department of Education’s Consolidated Accountability and Support Application)
- Urbandale CSD Return To Learn Town Hall Meeting 7 30 2020
- Spanish Urbandale CSD Return To Learn Town Hall Meeting 7 30 2020
- Hakha Chin Urbandale CSD Return To Learn Town Hall Meeting 7.30.2020
- Bosnian Urbandale CSD Return To Learn Town Hall Meeting 7.30.2020
- Town Hall Meeting – Livestreaming YouTube Video 7.30.20
- (Note: For translation of the video via Closed Captioning, click the “CC” in the bottom right of the screen, select the “Settings” icon, and “Auto Translate” where you’ll be able to select a language.)
- (Nota: para la traducción del video a través de Subtítulos, haga clic en “CC “en la parte inferior derecha de la pantalla, seleccione el icono” `Settings” y “auto translate” donde podrá seleccionar un idioma).