Welcome to the 2019-2020 School Year: Information and UpdatesCreated on August 17th, 2019
We hope you and your family are enjoying a great summer break and we’re excited to begin the 2019–2020 school year in Urbandale!
- Rolling Green Elementary students began class on Thursday, July 25, 2019.
- The first day of class for all schools, with the exception of Rolling Green Elementary, is Friday, August 23, 2019.
- Included below are links to all schools where you will find information for school supplies, open house dates/times, and school-related items; plus additional links to helpful information.
IMPORTANT: All 7th and 12th grade students need to show documentation of receiving the meningitis vaccine prior to the first day of school on August 23, 2019, or they will not be allowed to attend school or participate in any school related activities, including sports. All 7th graders must show documentation of the Tdap vaccine by 10/21/19, as well. Learn more here about 7th and 12th grade vaccination requirements.
List of Schools:
- Jensen Elementary
- Karen Acres Elementary
- Rolling Green Elementary
- Valerius Elementary
- Webster Elementary
- Urbandale Middle School
- Urbandale High School
- Metro West Learning Academy
Additional Information For Quick Reference:
- Before- and After-School Childcare (Adventuretime)
- Bus Transportation
- Calendars (2019-20)
- Health Services
- Online Payments
- Preschool (Adventuretime)
- Registration (kindergarten students)
- Registration (new students)
- Registration (returning students)
Please note: All of the above links (and more!) can be found in the “Quick Links” section located in the upper right corner of the top/main navigation. The links will connect you to the most often viewed content on the site for quick, easy access.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you and your family for the 2019-20 school year! Go J-Hawks!