Urbandale Homecoming Week: Sept 21 through Sept 25 Go J-Hawks! (Videos)Created on September 15th, 2020
UHS Homecoming has always been a strong tradition that students, families, alumni, and community members look forward to. In the past we’ve had a variety of activities throughout the week such as the UHS Street Party, Parade, Pep Assembly and our Homecoming Dance. Unfortunately, due to current conditions we will have to put several of these traditions (Street Party and Pep Assembly) on hold until next year. Currently, the dance is postponed, and we are working to have a “Winter Homecoming” dance. However, we will be hosting a REVERSE Homecoming Parade taking place at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept 24. See below for more info!
While this isn’t the Homecoming we are used to, our plan is to still make the absolute best of what we are given! Please share your J-Hawk pride and community spirit as we celebrate Homecoming 2020 the week of September 21. Go J-Hawks!
2020 UHS Homecoming Court
UHS Homecoming Spirit Days
- Monday 9/21- Monochromatic
- Tuesday 9/22- Favorite Team day
- Wednesday 9/23- Dress Up day
- Thursday 9/24- Dress Up day
- Friday 9/25- UHS Spirit Day
(Note: Please see announcements from UMS and elementary schools for school-specific Homecoming dress up days.)
Thursday, September 24 6:30 p.m. REVERSE Homecoming Parade
- The REVERSE Homecoming Parade will start at 6:30 p.m. A REVERSE Parade means that the parade will stand still and the community can drive by while waving and honking horns to share your J-Hawk spirit.
- Community members can enter off 72nd and Aurora and wind around the edge of the parking lot (which will be considered our REVERSE parade route) exiting out the back entrance onto Twana and 72nd.
- We invite you to come see and hear the UHS Band, Cheerleaders, Urbie the J-Hawk, Football team, Homecoming Court, Baseball and Volleyball teams and more!
- Please come to the REVERSE Parade and help us celebrate Homecoming 2020!
Thursday, September 24 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Street Painting (UHS students only)
- We’re closing Aurora Ave. between 70th and 72nd for UHS students only to come paint the street with HOCO designs.
- We’ll supply the paint.
- We’ll be social distancing; face masks required.
Friday, September 25 7:00 p.m. Football Varsity Game
- Urbandale vs. Fort Dodge at UHS Frerichs Field; kick-off at 7:00 p.m.
- We will be presenting the Homecoming Court at the football game.
- Entrance is limited to those with a ticket voucher issued by the host that allows a spectator to purchase admission or use a school issued pass.
- Ticket vouchers will be issued to students on the roster based upon stadium capacity and roster sizes.
- There are no additional ticket vouchers available to the community at this time.
- Masks are required.
- Once you arrive at your designated area, we ask that you do not wander to other areas of the venue to visit with others. Please stay in your selected area for the entire game.
- Any younger fans admitted to the game will not be allowed to roam the venue, play catch, or run freely – they will need to remain inside your seating area.
- Limited concessions will be available at home games.
- To limit on waste and distribution, printed rosters will not be available. Rosters may be available by downloading the Varsity Bound app.
- Social distancing guidelines are in place and will be enforced while in the facility.
- Your patience and cooperation with site administration, gate workers, officials, coaches, players and other spectators is both expected and appreciated.
- All spectators are asked to stay home if they show signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or if they have been in contact with an individual with a confirmed positive case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- All varsity events will be streamed online at www.j-hawks.com/live.
We wish everyone a safe, fun, and memorable Homecoming 2020!