School News

School Permits news

Minor School License/School Permit Information

Processing of school permits will now take place at the high school, instead of the District Administration Office, in hopes of making the school permit process more convenient for UHS families. If your student is interested in obtaining a Minor School License, also known as a school permit, please bring this form with section 1 completed to the UHS main office. Any questions, please contact Brittany Hogue

Remember: to qualify for a Minor School License (school permit) the Iowa DOT will verify that students: 

  • Have had their Instructional Permit for at least 6 months
  • Have a clean driving record for 6 months
  • Have completed Driver’s Education
  • Live at least 1 mile away from UHS

In addition, information about parking at UHS can be found here.