Equity & Inclusion
In Urbandale CSD, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, marital status (for program), ethnic background, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (for employment), or socio-economic background (for program) in our educational programs and our employment practices. We are actively building inclusive learning environments where ALL students feel a strong sense of connection and belonging.
We invite you to learn more about Equity & Inclusion within our District with these initial resources. As the 2020-21 school year continues, we’ll be sharing more resources, having more conversations, and seeking more input from all of our students, parents, staff, and community members. We look forward to partnering with you to create equitable and inclusive learning and working environments. #allmeansall
- Equity & Inclusion Resource Guide
- Resolution Declaring Black Lives Matter
- National Hispanic Heritage Month
- 21 Day Equity & Social Justice Challenge
- October 5 – November 2, 2020
- The hope is that those involved will become more versed on equity issues and for our Urbandale team to examine teaching and learning through an equity lens in order to provide equitable outcomes for students.
- You’ll receive a daily email with links to recommended articles, videos, & podcasts. View material, jot down reflections, take notes in a journal, and/or discuss with fellow Urbandale team members.
- Sign up to participate!
Coordinator of Equity & Inclusion