The Rolling Green PTO serves as a forum for parents and teachers to collaborate on providing the best environment for our students. The goal of the PTO is to promote student growth, support staff and engage our families. We would love to have you join us! The meeting schedule is posted below, or join us on facebook for updates: https://www.facebook.com/RGPTO/
PTO Meeting Calendar 2022-2023
Meetings are held one Thursday a month from 6:30pm – 7:30pm in the Rolling Green Media Center / Library. Childcare is provided, and we would love to have you on the team!
- August 4, 2022
- September 8, 2022 Minutes: PTO General Meeting 5th Grade Presents (Google Doc)
- November 3, 2022: PTO General Meeting 4th Grade Presents
- December 1, 2022: PTO General Meeting 3rd Grade Presents
- January 5, 2023: PTO General Meeting Preschool Presents
- February 2, 2023: PTO General Meeting Kindergarten Presents
- March 2, 2023: PTO General Meeting 2nd Grade Presents (Present Budget)
- April 6, 2023: PTO Gen Meeting 1st Grade Present (Budget Vote, Present Board)
- May 11, 2023: PTO General Meeting Specials Presents (Board Vote)
- June 1, 2023: PTO General Meeting ELL Presents
Be watching for these upcoming events!
- September: Homecoming Party (9/16), Culver’s Restaurant Night (9/20), Charleston Wrap Fundraiser
- October: Conferences, Meals for Teachers, Book Fair (10/4 and 10/6), Fall Intercessions
- November: Apparel Sale, Thanksgiving Intercession
- December: Charleston Wrap Delivery, Winter Party (12/20)
- January: Nothing planned…
- February: Friendship Party (2/10), Book Fair (2/11, 2/13, 2/16), Conferences, Meals for Teachers, Pancake Breakfast (2/11), Vendor Fair (2/11)
- March: Spring Intercession
- April: Spelling Bee (4/27)
- May: Intercession, Apparel Sale, School Supplies Pre-Orders
- June: End of Year Picnic
2022/2023 Rolling Green Intercessions
- WE ARE YOUR KAREN ACRES TOUR GUIDES (Week of Oct 11 – 14, 2022)
**Only 4 days due to the district recess day on October 10th
- 3D DESIGN AND CLAY (Week of October 17 – 21, 2022)
- WE NEED A HERO (November 21 & 22, 2022)
- FIBER ARTS (Week of March 20 – 24, 2023)
- LOVE LETTERS TO ROLLING GREEN (Week of May 1 – 5, 2023)
Using Google Calendar?
- Subscribe to Rolling Green Elementary’s Google Calendar and don’t miss another date.
Parent Teacher Organization Bylaws [PDF] (Revised and Approved Dec 2018)
- President, Nicole Schwegler
- Treasurer, Tracy Fahrion
- Secretary, Courtney Thielman
- Vice President, Becca McCune
- Vice President, Lindsay Berger
- Vice President, Tiffany Westerly
- Vice President, Heather Nadeau
- Vice President, Julya Brophy
- Vice President, Megan Stubbs
- Principal, Dania Wilson
- Teacher Rep, Christina Piscitello
Our school day begins at 9:05 AM. If students are eating breakfast at school, they will enter the building and go to the lunchroom at 8:45. All other students will enter the building at 8:55 and go immediately to their locker (grades 3-5) or their hook (grades K-2) and then to the classroom.
All students are welcome to eat breakfast at school. For students eating breakfast, they need to arrive with enough time to eat and be off to class at 9:00 AM.
There will be no supervision outside the building before 8:45, as such, kindergarten-5th grade students should not be dropped off before 8:45 in the morning.
The Rolling Green parking lot is one way going north to south and you must enter the parking lot off of Airline Avenue. We ask that parents stay with their car and staff can assist with getting students to the right place. It is perfectly fine for parents to wait with their students outside of school, but ask that families then park on the street in legally marked areas and walk their student up to the school.
As we are working on building independence for students, it is fine to walk students into the classroom on the first two days of school, but beyond that students will be able to enter the building by themselves. PARENTS DO NOT HAVE TO WALK STUDENTS IN ON THE FIRST DAY.
Kindergarten and 1st Grade
Students will be dropped off at the front of the building and will gather near the front doors to the building. Bus riders will walk down the sidewalk and line up at this same spot. Students will enter through the northern front doors.
Second grade students will be dropped off at the front of the building and will walk around to the north side of the building and enter the north side of the building closest to Airline Avenue.
Third graders will be dropped at the front of the building and line up on the sidewalk and grass on the northern edge of the front building. Third graders will enter through the northern front door.
4th Grade and 5th Grade
Students can be dropped off at the front of the building or they can be dropped off on Madison Avenue. Fourth and 5th grade students will line up at the recess doors on the blacktop.
** All students eating breakfast will enter the front doors.
For K-5 students the school day ends at 3:45 PM and we will begin the dismissal process immediately at 3:45 PM. Students will be released in an organized manner.
Students who walk will be released out the closest exit to their classroom. Parents of kindergarten and 1st grade students who will walk with their child can meet their child at the front of the building. Parents of 2nd and 3rd grade students can meet them on the north side of the building (closest to Airline). Parents of 4th and 5th grade students could meet them on the south side of the building (closest to the playground) or in front of the building. Older siblings will be allowed to meet their younger siblings in the hallway to exit the front doors together.
The school will get each family a sign with their children’s name. If you have multiple students it will go home with the youngest student. Whether you walk up or drive please have this sign with you and displayed every day that you are picking up. This will help us to get students out as quickly as possible. Students will remain inside the building until called out by a staff member. Students will exit the front doors to get into their parent’s vehicle.
As you pull in, please pull as far to the south as possible to get as many cars as possible in the parking lot and out of the street as possible. Those picking up should stay in their car. Families who want to meet their child at the door should park on side streets in legally marked areas and walk to meet their child.
** Fourth and 5th grade parents have the option of picking up their student on Madison Avenue. There will not be a consistent staff member monitoring Madison Avenue. Parents, please communicate with your teacher if you are going to pick up your child on Madison Avenue and they will be released with the walkers.
- August 4, 2022 Meeting Minutes (coming soon)